Legacy Healthcare Careers proudly joins the lengthy list of organizations to celebrate National Nurses Week 2019, observed during the week of May 6th through May 12th. The point of this week-long observance to bring attention to the importance of the nursing profession and make the public aware of the central role nurses play in the provision of healthcare to people across the country.
National Nurses Week takes place once a year beginning on May 6, also known as National Nurses Day, through the end of the day on May 12, the date of birth of Florence Nightingale, founder of the modern day nursing profession. National Nurses Week is a time for all stakeholders to take note of the useful contributions and beneficial impact of America’s 4 million registered nurses and 1 million licensed practical nurses.
Moreover, National Nurses Week 2019’s theme is “4 Million Reasons to Celebrate.” Join Legacy Healthcare Careers in celebrating the unspoken contributions of nurses in the US, who remain at the helm of enhancing patient care and changing the healthcare system for the better. After all, nurses are the backbone of the healthcare system in the US, so they deserve recognition for all the great things they routinely do.
Some nurses may be wondering where they can receive free or deeply discounted food items during National Nurses Week. Well, these bargain-hunters are in luck because the following retailers are offering freebies to licensed nurses this week.
- Cinnabon will give out one free MiniBon roll or a four-count order of BonBites to nurses who display their workplace ID badges until Friday, May 10th.
- Cotton Patch Cafe will grant nurses a whopping 20% discount on all orders until Friday, May 10th when they display their workplace ID badges.
- Some participating Dunkin’ Donuts locations will give out one free 16 ounce roast iced coffee between the hours of 4:00pm to 10:00pm through May 12th to all nurses who display their workplace ID badges.
- Nurses who wear their scrubs or work uniforms will receive a free fountain drink or cookie at the Potbelly sandwich shop throughout this week. Also, the Potbelly is offering a buy one /get one free deal on sandwiches for nurses this week.
- Einstein Bro’s Bagels will give a free breakfast to nurses on May 11th as long as they are dressed in scrubs or present their workplace ID badges.
- Chipotle is offering a buy one-get one 50% off deal for healthcare professionals on Wednesday, May 8th.