Medical assisting is one of the most rapidly growing allied healthcare career pathways in the United States according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The various reasons for the explosive growth in medical assistant job openings include the rising number of healthcare facilities, population changes, and a steady supply of elderly individuals who will require hands-on care from allied healthcare professionals.
Legacy Healthcare Careers, a small family-owned school in the Mid Cities area of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, offers one of the few affordable medical assistant training programs in North Texas. Tuition and fees for the program amount to less than $2,000. This is extremely affordable when compared to other trade schools that charge $15,000 or more in tuition and fees.
The medical assistant role is multifaceted. Individuals who work as medical assistants tend to possess a wide repertoire of duties and skills to function at their places of employment. In essence, medical assistants can be cross-trained to work in virtually any healthcare facility and medical specialty. They have been specially trained to complete clinical and administrative tasks such as:
- measurement and and documentation of vital signs
- administration of injections and other medications
- venipuncture (blood withdrawal) and capillary puncture
- collection and processing of specimens
- rooming patients for physical examinations
- preparing patients for medical office procedures
- gathering clean supplies and equipment for procedures
- obtaining patients’ health histories
- charting information in patients’ medical records
- communication with insurance companies
Call 682.626.5266 for more information on the enrollment process, start dates, times and class schedules. Jump-start your legacy at Legacy Healthcare Careers.